Thursday, December 17, 2009

Crunch Time Reading Review


Crunch Time

"A Richard Jackson Book."

Published 2006


In the book Crunch Time there is a group of four students that are trying to study for the SATs. They are juniors in high school. They all get together once a week at one of each others houses to have this study group. The first practice test that they took, the two boys got high scores but then the two girls got low scores. So one of the boys is gonna help the two girls study better so that they will get around the score that he got because he got a 2100 on the first practice test they he took.


"One of the lamest books i ever read. the only interesting thing were the information about the SAT because i keep thinking about taking it. but the last of the negative aspects is loooong, i dont want to go in detail, but the main ones: * it jumps all the time between the characters. i hate books with verious kind of views. * some problems are unsolved * i did not get into the book. i wasnt excited at all to continue reading overall - it was a waste of time! "


The writing style in the book was different from any other book that I am used to reading. The style was set up differently. On every page when the student was to talk or when they were thinking something, at the top of it it would have their name. I didn't really like the way that the book was written only because I wasnt used to it. It could be different for other people because they would think that it was easier for them to read and understand what is happening throughout the story.


LEO

Daisy's score is so lousy, at first you're like, "You're kidding." But as we go through the questions we screwed up you can tell: She wasn't kidding. (45)


I didn't really enjoy reading about a group of kids studying for the SATs and what they had to go though. Nothing had came across in the book that had interested me only because I thought maybe studying for the SATs in a group session than rather studying for them on your own only because you could have more help getting more ways on studying for them. I never took the SATs so I personally would never study for them, but I also thought that by reading this book it would have helped me find out other ways for studying for other big tests that come along in my life, but it really didn't help me as much as I thought that it was going to before I started reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment