Thursday, December 3, 2009

Siddhartha's Adventure to America

On a warm breezy night around 5 o’clock at Virginia Beach, VA. Siddhartha met me on the boardwalk because he got a private jet to bring him to meet me in front of the pier. After meeting with Siddhartha I knew that he used to fast while he was in India, so I had asked him if “he was willing to go and eat at a seafood place because I figured he would be starving”. He said “yes I will be revealed if we went to eat because I am starving”. It was after we went to dinner at a seafood place. Siddhartha didn’t really like the seafood because he has never eaten it as much as I do. After we went to dinner we got out around 6:30, I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk on the beach later. He wasn’t to sure about it, but then after awhile he thought about it and he thought that it was going to be calming and relaxing. While we were walking on the beach we could hear the waves crashing, seagulls and people talking on the boardwalk. After a little while he wanted to talk to me about how his life is at India. He was telling me about how he wants to feel at home and that he wants to meditate. So I talked to him and asked him where he wanted to go to meditate. So he picked underneath the pier, at the edge of the wet sand. So that he will be able to hear the waves crashing and listen to everything around him so that he would be calm and would be able to meditate easier and he wouldn’t be distracted. As he was sitting there for twenty minutes, I was sitting a little further away from him so that I wouldn’t be distracting. I was playing with the sand and enjoying the cool breeze. After he was done meditating for awhile he came over next to me and started telling me about how much he liked how he was able to do that and he thanked me for letting him do that because it meant a lot to him. I thought to myself that Siddhartha would have thought that it was very soothing and that he thought that it was a very good choice that I wanted him to meditate there at the beach because I knew that he always did that in India, but he did it for a longer amount of time then just only 20 minutes. He would usually meditate for days but he didn’t want to keep me waiting for him. So he just did it quickly. But it still meant a lot to him. After he was done meditating, I asked him “if he wanted to go on the jet that he took and take it to Seattle, Washington to see how it is out there and to also see how different and how entertaining it is then rather being calm at the beach”. He had said “that he would really like that and also that he thought that it was going to be interesting changing to an entertaining place then rather staying in a quiet place”.

We landed in Seattle Washington at around noon on a Wednesday afternoon. I asked him if he would want to walk around the town to see all of the different attractions that they had to do. One thing that really stuck out to him was the space needle. There were some shops there and we sat down and ate lunch there. He had asked me why I wanted to take him here and not somewhere else. I told him that I wanted to take him to Seattle because my mom used to live here and I thought that it was a lot of fun and it was beautiful here. After we were done eating and we went back down the bottom of the space needle, we could hear people talking and a lot of people walking and all of the rides that they have. Some of the textures that we could feel when we were talking were the concrete, benches and a lot of people. It was so crowded that we had to walk right next to each other and we were practically touching families that were surrounding us, that was how crowded it was. Since it was a very warm afternoon while we were walking around the town we could smell the fresh air all around us. Since it was so crowded, we could taste the different peoples cologne/perfumes, vomit from the rides and sweat. I thought to myself that Siddhartha would think that he was very crazy and that their was a lot of different things that we would do. After taking him to Seattle he liked it there a lot since it was very entertaining and there was a lot to do to and there sites to see. He asked me what "I liked the best about spending the past two days with him." I said " what I liked the most about meeting him and spending time with him was that I got to see the different situations that he was put in while he was back in India, also how he overcame them." He thought that my answer was very interesting because he thought that I would think differently about him after seeing what he usually does back home.

After meeting with Siddhartha and spending time with him, I thought that the best lifestyle that best fit him would be when we went to Seattle. After being at the beach I figured that being there when it was quiet and he got to meditate for a little while. Then maybe he would have wanted to go somewhere where there was a lot of entertainment. I think that he liked the Space Needle because once your up there, your able to see the whole city and its a beautiful view. After being up there eating lunch and walking around through the shops, he really enjoyed spending the day there. After spending a couple days in America Siddhartha had really enjoyed himself and got to see a different side as to what he is usually used to when he is back at home.

1 comment:

  1. 1)What I want my reader to get out if this essay is that what Siddhartha had done while he was visiting the two places that he went to and what he thought about them while he was there.

    2)What I think works well in this piece is that how I was able to use the internal dialogue. What was the easiest for me in writing this essay was explaining the settings. I thought that was the easiest because I have been to both of the places, so I knew how they were.

    3)What wasnt working so well for me was finding the textual references. That was mainly the problem that I had throughout my paper and the "weak areas" I had. I only had one textual reference throughout my paper. What was diffacicult for me to write in my paper would be the conclusion.

    4)There isn't any questions that I have. But for feedback that I would want would be how to make my conclusion stronger. What I would want you to comment on would be how good I did for describing the two settings.

    ReplyDelete